Mukhtiar was called to the Bar in 2011 having previously enjoyed 23 years as an experienced police detective inspector, which provided him with significant experience with dispute resolution and management. He strongly believes that the skills of mediation can be applied to any dispute or conflict. In his early years of practice, he enjoyed a broad spectrum of litigation cases and disputes.
He is ranked in Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500 directories both in employment and commercial dispute resolution. He trained as a mediator during the Covid 19 pandemic and is confident and calm using Zoom.
His experience extends beyond all types of employment disputes including discrimination and whistleblowing to the following areas:
- Professional negligence claims against solicitors, accountants and other professionals.
- Company disputes, in particular, unfair prejudice petitions and shareholder activism; directors’ duties and conflicts; and buyouts.
- Property/Real Estate/Land, in particular:
- Landlord and tenant disputes, including possession, disrepair and enfranchisement.
- Neighbour disputes, including boundary disputes, trespass, nuisance, easements and adverse possession.
- Party wall disputes.
- Trust of Land cases, with significant experience with disputes involving cohabitees and family members.
If you would like Mukhtiar to provide a quote for mediation services please contact Mukhtiar today.